Monday, May 13, 2013

In an instant within the meaningless

Here are some more photographs taken on Friday in the north parts of Nuuksio wilderness. This is a region I'm planning to explore further during the summer. From the northern direction there are big lakes - Saarijärvi and Suolikas - one has to circle around, so maybe it would be worthwhile to try other approaches as well. In any case it is very quiet in northern Nuuksio, as there are few people who walk all the distance to these parts.

I got over 14 hours of exercise during the week, most of it walking in terrain which was not easy, i.e. swamps and rocky hills with fallen trees blocking the way. I think I'm getting into shape, even though my weight is not going down any more. But maybe the fat is turning into muscle?

(Posting title is from the poem Shapes by Ruth Stone.)

4 comments:

Markus Spring said...

Once there was a twig photographer... Was it you, Juha?

For me, the last image works best - the birch stems reflecting in the quiet waters are wonderful.

Juha Haataja said...

Markus, thanks! Once again a clouded day worked well for photographs.

I think Mark Hobson holds the special honor of a twig photographer, although he has diverged in so many directions it is hard to keep track nowadays.

Markus said...

He certainly was the first, but you definitely show more perseverance!

Juha Haataja said...

Well, I find twigs fascinating, and spend a lot of time in their company while walking in swamps and dense forests, so there are of course a lot of twig photographs.

I'm not quite sure what this tells about my psychological make-up, though. Maybe twigs are a bit like a Rorschach test...