Friday, May 3, 2013

The little raw soul was caught by no one

I walked in the forests of Meiko and Vaakkoi for 8 1/2 hours between Monday and Wednesday, and visited six lakes I hadn't previously seen: Tränuhals, Vaipo, Vitträsk, Väärä-Musta, Saaren Musta and Vaakkoi.

I have been thinking that perhaps it could be an interesting project to visit by walking a number of lakes in Finland. There are 187,888 lakes so this project could be going on for a long time... However, one should have some rules, for example the minimum distance of the walk to a lake, preventing too easy cases, and whether one should also walk around the lake or just see it.

Here are some photographs taken on Tuesday. I have visited Meiko lake already quite a few times, but this was my first visit to Vaipo lake. It is an interesting place, especially because there are large swamps to explore west of the lake. I have hundreds of photographs still waiting to be processed, so there is more to come...

(Posting title is from the poem The Glass Essay by Anne Carson.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Rock" is a beautiful image, great composition.

Juha, you might want to try this on the click wheel:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4315019

You might also want to try a hair dryer set on low heat. The LX5 may have some humidity on the circuit boards.


Art
----------

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks, I'll probably have to try something like this soon, but I'm loathe to try anything which might render the camera inoperable. It still works somewhat...