Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cry, if you feel like crying, and if no one else is there

I wrote about the "cycling computer" I bought some years ago, it was very cheap then, and I wasn't at all certain it would last for long. But it has been working well for years, must be over six years now, and I have replaced the battery twice within that time. The device has various displays, such as current speed, trip distance, odometer and 12 hour clock, of which I have benefited over the years. The clock has been useful, as also the odometer to know how much exercise I have been getting.

It seems that every once in a while the existence of the net comes as a surprise, as was the case of the missing instruction manual for the cycling computer. After searching for it at home, I decided to try the net, and finally, after 5-10 minutes of trying various search terms, I found the instructions I was looking for. Somehow this still seems like a miracle, especially with such a cheap device that was on sale many years ago.

Here are two photographs from last Saturday, taken at Luukki where I went for a walk with my youngest daughter. Two very different views of the same place.

(Posting title is from the poem Instructions to an Artisan by Amit Majmudar.)

No comments: