Thursday, May 30, 2013

Deceive, deceive me once again!

Today I commuted by car, fetching the rest of my bicycle from work. I haven't heard from the repair shop, so it may be that the rear tire won't be ready until tomorrow.

The shop expert who looked at the tire was surprised that five spokes had broken at the same time, and all near the rim, which is very unsual, usually the break happens in the center. There must have been something seriously wrong with the spokes. I hope I get the bicycle in working order this time so that I don't need to get it fixed once again.

It would have been nice to commute by bicycle today, the weather has been excellent, sunshine, +20 °C, a little bit of wind. Well, maybe I'll go for a walk this evening. Sitting in a car during the rush hour is not something one cherishes.

The photograph was taken last weekend. Since then the leaves have got much, much bigger. It is summer, finally.

(Posting title is from the poem You Smiled, You Spoke, and I Believed by Walter Savage Landor.)

No comments: