Friday, September 26, 2008

Good night


Waves on the sky, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Need sleep - a busy week behind. I expected not to do much photography but managed to proceed at the usual rate, 200 photos or so per day.

A few days ago I noticed an article titled Are citizen photographers harmless? - discussing an amateur photographer who "continues to send her work to news agencies without expecting anything back, simply for the love of what she does." Is this kind of photography interest detrimental to professional photographers?

Well, for myself I don't see any reason to compete with professionals. What I'm doing is for myself. Photography happens to be an extremely rewarding hobby.

3 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

This is really good also.

(I wonder why the camera did not over-expose the sky? Did you use compensation?)

Juha Haataja said...

I probably had -0.7 ev compensation, but also the sky wasn't very bright.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Sure, but the dark trees still throw off most light meters.

Really nice composition.

I've blogged you.

I'm reminded a little of my own:
http://eolake.blogspot.com/2006/06/silhouette-and-ducks.html