Monday, September 1, 2008

Technology enthusiasts and photography

While writing about the Canon G-III camera, I also started to remember how, as a teenager, I was heavily interested in photography gear, especially SLR cameras.

Are the camera manufacturers still printing (on art paper) beautiful brochures of their products? It has been a while since I last went to a camera shop. Come to think of it, I bought my Ixus 400 from a PC equipment shop.

As a teenager, I browsed through the brochures (Canon, Minolta, Pentax, ...), time after time comparing all the tinyest details between the models. Nowadays people of course use the net for the comparisons.

I must have been impossibly fixated on camera technology. Of course, I also took photos, but relatively little, not having a lot of money to buy films and developing them. If net would have existed, I would have been quite a pest on the photography forums. As many are today...

No comments: