Monday, September 1, 2008

Play


Slide view, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I have now taken about 11,000 photos with my Ixus 400. I wonder how many shutter cycles the camera is rated at? Many DSLRs are rated at 50-100,000 cycles, but for point-and-shoot cameras the rating may be different. But is it really the shutter which is the weakest link in the camera? I think it might be the electronic connections, the motors driving the zoom, focus, and aperture change, etc. In any case, not a shabby performance from such a little camera.

Today was once again one of the typical Finnish days - mostly clouded (after noon), and occasional rain in the evening. We went to a children's playground with the family, and I tried to take photos (panning and catching the movement) of the children in the swing. It was difficult, and of the couple of dozen photos only two succeeded. But it was worth a try anyway.

No comments: