Friday, October 10, 2008

And there was sunlight


Colored/white, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Yesterday I didn't manage to do any photography with my LX3, but today was different: about 350 photos taken. Only a few were any good, but it was good to do photography with a real camera once again. I have grown to hate the Nokia E90 as a camera, but sometimes you just have to use it when nothing else is available.

There are all kinds of color out there at this time in autumn, for example the leaves of this bush which happens to have white berries also. If was a bit difficult to capture the color play in the sunshine, but this photo was ok.

I'm still using the manual focusing in the LX3, and aperture priority mode. Often I make mistakes, but I'm getting better with this. And I'm learning more and more to trust the LX3 - many photos which I know wouldn't have succeeded with the Ixus 400 turn out ok, sometimes even great. So, I'm now trying to take a photo in situations which wouldn't have occurred to me previously. Another revelation due to the LX3.

No comments: