Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday evening photowalk


Autumn leaves, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Shadowplay, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I went for a short walk a bit before seven today, some time before sunset. Red color was strong at that point, and made interesting combinations of light and shadow in the forests and fields nearby.

I took 300 photos, of which some were quite surprising for me - they succeeded although I didn't really trust that the result would be good. Now I'm wondering whether the LX3 camera or the photographer was the reason for the success.

2 comments:

.[bea]. said...

where do u keep all these pictures you take daily? where do u store them all?

Juha Haataja said...

I have still free space of over 200 GB on my iMac, so currently storage is no problem. I even have 2-3 different backups of the files.

For storing longer I keep perhaps 10% of the photos I take. Most I scratch either the same day or after a week or so in a "cleaning operation".

At Flickr I have currently a bit over 1000 photos "stored" and available for anyone to view.