Friday, October 3, 2008

Hard rain incoming


Waiting, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today was yet another rainy day, so there wasn't many opporturnities for photography - I don't want to get my LX3 wet, it is not designed for that kind of use.

However, I managed to take a few photos of the Laajalahti bay in Espoo, while I was on the way to the Otaniemi campus area. A few minutes later it started to rain heavily, and I got wet and my trousers got dirty in the mud. But it was worth it.

I wasn't expect much at all from the photos taken hastily, but was positively surprised at home. The wide 24 mm lens was able to show - once again - what it is meant to do.

It so happens that there was a encouraging posting describing the gains and losses of a phtographer at PixelatedImage Blog, titled Sometimes It’s Hard, Rehashed. The writer is a pro photographer with extensive experience, but even then you have your doubts. Here is a quote: "Most days I love, love, love what I do. But I still worry I’ve shot the last good frame I’ll ever capture. I still compare myself to others. I still shoot 200 frames of crap as the price to uncover 10 good ones, and one great one. That’s if I’m lucky."

Update: I just received a message at Flickr that a photo I took at Cambridge with my Nokia E90 phone was included in a guide describing the campus. This is one of the extremely few photos were the E90 was able to do a competent job.

No comments: