Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Photography exercise


Cloud formations, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I made today a mistake of reading Panasonic LX3 discussions at the Dpreview forums - the home of the pixel-peeping elite. There was quite a lot of pointed commentary about "small sensor" lack of depth and real dynamic range. Well, it may be so, but I'm still enjoying the LX3 very much, and I feel it produces much better photos than my Minolta XG-1 ever did. So, I'm not nostalgic about the past. Instead, I embrace our digital camera future.

Today took quite a lot of photos when going out for a walk. I didn't shoot many subjects but instead took tens of photos of a single subject, trying different effects.

2 comments:

Paul said...

You've got to wonder how many photos the pixel-peepers have ever actually taken! Probably not many.

Juha Haataja said...

That reminds me of a camera equipment enthusiast in a Finnish photography forum. He never (as far as I know) published any photos - instead, he discussed mainly the excellent resolution characteristics of Canon L-series lenses. Did he even have a camera, I wonder?

But I do care about cameras. No camera, no photos...

Today I almost dropped my LX3 when removing an external flash unit. Fortunately I caught the camera from the strap.