Saturday, October 4, 2008

Once again, a lake panorama


Myllyjärvi-panorama, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today we went for a walk at Lake Myllyjärvi, which is the third lake in Espoo with the same name (there may be more, three I know of). Never been there before, so this was nice exploring.

I couldn't let be making a panorama of the lake. This was put together in PTGui from five vertical photos taken with the LX3. The size of the image is 6510 x 3064 pixels.

At the beginning it was very difficult to make any photos succeed. Perhaps it was the stress of the week, perhaps the light was too bright still. But when it got a bit later in the day, I started to feel that some photos will turn out well, and it was once again nice to use the camera.

And it so happened that the very last photos I took today were the best. At that point I was not much thinking about making photos, just doing it once in a while while thinking about other things.

No comments: