Monday, October 27, 2008

Secret


Flow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

There is a saying attributed to photographer Diane Arbus: "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." I don't think too much of my own photographs, but I do like the mystery some photos pose for the viewer.

Here I tried to crop the photo in such a way as to cause some problem-solving thinking. --- I'm not sure if I really succeeded. And in any case, Arbus was referring to the secrets of human beings - and of life - when I'm usually not capable of such deep thoughts.

Today my column on the Panasonic LX3 appeared in MikroPC.net (in Finnish). I'm thankful for all the advice I have got on the net from other users of the camera, it has been really great six weeks of learning. And I'm sure I'll keep on doing photography with the LX3.

There was another interesting posting about the LX3 by Laurence Kim, comparing the camera performance at high ISO. This made me think to try out ISO 800 photography using the "dynamic b&w" film mode. I'm really impressed how nice images the LX3 produces in black and white.

Here is once again an updated list of Panasonic LX3 reviews:

No comments: