Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Writing about the Panasonic LX3


Light tones, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I sent my short column-type piece on using the Panasonic LX3 to a magazine, and it seems that it will appear after a while there.

I got a comment from the editor that I seem to have taken photography to the heart these days. Well, so it seems - many other interests are languishing, photography is all I have time for currently - I'm exaggerating a little but only a little.

Some subjects seem to be difficult for me, especially those which have a lot of light tones. I tend to prefer strong contrasts or a bit dark subjects, lightness (or intentional overexposure) is not something I usually search for. But I think it is something to try out. Also, I'm usually trying to keep the subject in focus, but also this could be an unnecessary restriction - letting go of such limitation may help to develop as a photographer.

No comments: