Monday, October 27, 2008

Mystery object


Knob, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I'm not quite sure what this thing is, but someone had put it on top of a playground fence. Shiny it is at least. Once again, an opporturnity to test the limited depth-of-field behaviour of the LX3. I like this kind of finds, there are all kinds of things laying around in surprising places. Usually you just don't notice them.

I'm thinking whether I'm taking too many photos. When I was shooting film, I took 200-300 photos per year (except some years when I got really interested and burned a dozen rolls of film in a month). Now I'm taking the same number of photos in a day.

Is that excessive? Think more, shoot less?

On the other hand, I'm learning from looking at the failed photos. Each failure teaches a lesson, at least I hope so.

No comments: