Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dark water in a pond


Reflected, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Some photography subjects are worth returning to. There is a small pond near the Lammaslampi lake, and there are often nice photography opporturnities there. I wasn't expecting much from taking photos of tree trunk reflections, but the result was a nice surprise.

For some reason I'm finding that photography subjects which earlier were very hard are now easier. Is it due to better skills as a photographer, or should I thank the better camera, LX3?

I feel that the LX3 makes it easier to catch subjects which have strong contrasts or other such technical difficulties. The LX3 is a much better camera than my old Canon Ixus 400. I don't know about digital SLRs, but I think that the LX3 also surpasses my old Minolta XG-1. Never did I get so nice results with that camera as I have been getting with the LX3.

No comments: